Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vintage Jumper



What a great way to spend such a scorching afternoon. With my Further inspired tunes (12.30.09) and a new pattern, we collaborated on this vintage inspired endeavor.

When I was just beginning to think about dress designs a couple of months ago, this was my first design, and now it has come to life! The dress is a smokey-grey linen/poly blend fabric, girls sz 5-6. I have yards of bold print vintage fabrics, but using them for the bulk of a dress seems overwhelming and I don't want to take away from the beauty of the print. I like the idea of using neutrals, with splashes of color to make a piece "pop".

I see an adult version of this in my near future :)and many more geometric appliqués paired with neutrals, especially after I invest in a new machine in the next few weeks. I am so excited with all the possibilities better equipment will give me the ability to accomplish.

Oh Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment